Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Public Speaking

I think the most important thing to remember is that when speaking to a group you have to appeal to your audience. Something that I applied though, is just that in friendships and one-on-one situations you have to be aware of that person and their feelings. Therefore, in certain settings we have to appeal to the person. I have been conscientious of this fact so that I can better my communication specifically with my family members. Recently my sister told me that I haven't taken as much of an interest in her scholastic and social activities. This can be easily remedied by remembering all that we have in common and realize that I need to be less selfish and think of her more.
In public settings I can base the topic of conversation upon past experienced so that it can be personal for me and more effective and relatable for my audience. Public speaking has never been very difficult for me...I thought until recently. I can easily give talks in church and the only time I feel uncomfortable is when I am feeling the spirit strongly in a church setting and then I become vulnerable, but other than that I am usually at ease. The other day presenting my book report I only had about four minutes to do my presentation and unfortunately I was really jumpy and I just didn't feel like I did the best I could've. In the future I need to just be confident and calm and then I will feel more secure about the hard work I had put into something like that.
I am happy to have these blog posts because I feel like it's an easy way to keep notes from this class and apply them to my daily life and write my thoughts about how they are personal to me. I know that in my future it will be important for me to be a hard-working and selfless leader if I want to succeed in my future career, so I can look back on each of these posts like "public speaking" for example and remember how I can improve! Hopefully I can keep these and after this class is over I can continue to update about leadership or spiritual experiences I continue to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment